Tuesday, January 15, 2008

School Spirits' for Lameasses

I tried to be subtle, but its just too hard. I like going to my schools basketball games. I have this feeling that by attending and staring at the opposing team menacingly, they will falter and the money I have on the game will be secured. Could I be wrong? Possibly, probably not, but possibly.

Unfortunately, all the positive karma I try to develop through my presence at the game is consistently ruined by the droves of students doing the wave and screaming at the top of their lungs. Im pretty sure these SOBs are causing the schools team to get overconfident. This is killing me and my wallet. All I can do now is point a finger at these people and ask...why?

Why do you get so caught up in a team you can only really identify with for 4 years? Why do you try to create "tradition" by acting as though every game is an epic rivalry when in all honesty, unless you attend a Big Ten or SEC school, your teams considered shit nationally? I dont know, but being surrounded by a sea of green is enough to make a guy want to quit gambling forever, and that is just not happening. Somethings got to give, and I think it can start by not painting letters on your stomachs. Give it a shot, I guarantee not only will the people around you appreciate it, but so will I....and my bookie.

No comments: